How to get in to the industry

Tue, Nov 3 2009 12:04pm GMT 1
GazaC76
GazaC76
1 Posts
Hi Guys

Gaz here, I am just wondering the best way to get in to the industry as a roustabout then i can work my way up from there (hopefully I would love to work on the canadian rigs), i am ex forces where i was a Petroleum Operator building fuel sites and all that stuff. If anyone can point me in the right direction i would be greatly appreciated

cheers guys

Gaz
Sat, Nov 7 2009 03:29pm GMT 2
brett
brett
3 Posts
Hi gaz im havin same problem m8 im a painter,blaster i done my offshore and survival and rope access 4 months ago now i live in the uk and just need a bit help or advise to get my first trip off as ive been told once u have got that 1 trip away u should have no problems after that so wish u luck m8 and if ant 1 can give us any help or advise be most apreciated tnx brett
Thu, Jun 10 2010 01:33pm IST 3
Brendan
Brendan
5 Posts
visit www.micscouk.com the information helps and its cheap!
Sat, Jul 10 2010 02:37am IST 4
Sujan
Sujan
2 Posts
HI, I am Env. Science graduate and crazy to work in oil and gas (Offshore/onshore), however couldn't find out the way. If anyone is wellknown, please, suggest me the possible pathway to get into in any entry level or gradaute level.
Sat, Jul 10 2010 02:37am IST 5
Sujan
Sujan
2 Posts
HI, I am Env. Science graduate and crazy to work in oil and gas (Offshore/onshore), however couldn't find out the way. If anyone is wellknown, please, suggest me the possible pathway to get into in any entry level or gradaute level.
Wed, Aug 4 2010 10:51am IST 6
Khalil Aleker
Khalil Aleker
2 Posts
My company offers ROV Pilot Training in Cape Town, South Africa?
Sun, Aug 8 2010 09:33pm IST 7
moxey
moxey
2 Posts
ive just done my BOSIET and MIST as well and looking for my 1st start...looking for a roustabout position...seems easier said than done thoughFrown
Sun, Aug 15 2010 08:00pm IST 8
There will be blood
There will be blood
1 Posts
Hi - I'm right at the beginning. I'm Looking at putting together a degree path consisting of the right mix of modules which will lead to the relevant qualifications required for a job title in the area of 'Environmental Protection Management' Off and on shore Oil/Gas. Any guidance in terms of plotting a path through the UK Open University (or other) would be great.
Thu, Dec 9 2010 04:20pm GMT 9
MatteoBrl
MatteoBrl
1 Posts
Hi, I jointed the community because I'm finishing an MBA and I'm interested working in oil&gas industry. Actually I've never worked in this industry, but i studied industrial chemistry and i worked for about 6 year in chemical companies in the field of medical and technical gases.
I'm interested to have more info about the kind of jobs there is in this industry and if my profile could be interesting for this industry.
Do you have any suggestion on where i can find these infos and with who i can speak?
Thank you

Thu, Jan 13 2011 06:43am GMT 10
sharaz
sharaz
3 Posts

I Indian B.E Mechanical Engineer,working in gulf since 3 yrs as a HVAC ENGINEER I want to continue my rest of the career or future in oil & gas/ petroleum but i don't have experience in it so is it possible now to change my career in oil & gas/ petroleum?? will i get job in the same field as a fresher/ trainee ??or do i need to take some course plz help what all i have to do???

Fri, May 13 2011 10:05am IST 11
oilngas
oilngas
4 Posts
No matter how much training you do the important thing is landing that job. Of course its a neccesity having the correct safety certification but thats only half the battle. The unfortunate thing is that most jobs put on the internet are over applied by job seekers. The competition is getting intense in the job market and you need to make yourself as attractive as possible when applying for jobs.

From time to time we get job vacancies posted onto our website: http://www.oilandgasrecruiting.com - but its always good to read what is expected from you. If the posting asks that you have a degree its pretty frustrating for recruiters to receive CV's of non-degree jobseekers. Most job seekers set themselves up for dissapointment this way.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.

Oil and Gas Jobs Health and Safety Community