BLACKLIST EMPLOYER'S

Wed, Dec 30 2009 06:27pm GMT 1
sushanth
sushanth
4 Posts
Hi friends,
one of my observation in career search is some employer's / recruiters take advantage of situation , by making fun of candidates such as call for interview, fill out different forms, offer less salary at the end and tell the candidate that he/she is not fit for that job .
I would like to request you to post the name of such employer or recruiter so that we make them visible around the oil community and members, and if possible make them ashame of themseves.

Mon, Jan 4 2010 12:27pm GMT 2
The Fife Flyer
The Fife Flyer
1 Posts
I know where you are coming from but if you were to do this, I doubt you`d be getting ANY MORE interviews.

I have been shafted a couple of times but there`s not a lot you can do about it.
Mon, Jan 4 2010 01:16pm GMT 3
Site Owner
Site Owner
19 Posts
Sushanth

There are plenty of fake companies out there who try to scam job seekers with fake offers etc. Some ask for a fee up front others try and get a candidates bank details etc. I have no problem with people listing these companies, however I dont wish to start airing our personal views on established recruitment companies on the forums as this will not benefit anyone.

Cheers

Kevin
Fri, Jan 15 2010 01:55pm GMT 4
ged
ged
6 Posts
Not to mention the legal implications...
Sun, Mar 14 2010 05:39pm GMT 5
Mark
Mark
2 Posts
If anybody does not already know it, your CV / Cover letter should be sent only in "locked" .pdf (available free on-line) with sensitive info (passport #) blacked out. If the need arises you can give access later. Be aware of how easy someone could run a scam on you and take precautions beforehand. There is absolutely NO reason to submit bank details until you are owed money.
If they ask beforehand (as they do) simply ignore it or tell them to wait. They will, the last thing they want to do is pay you....:-))

good-luck.
Wed, Mar 17 2010 03:38pm GMT 6
sburke
sburke
1 Posts
I have been in the staffing business for 15 years and have never heard of anyone making "fun" of a candidate! We take our profession as seriously as anyone who is in business should. I do think a PDF file is a good idea for a resume format until you have made contact with the recruiter who is advertising the job. If they see a good fit and feel you would be a good candidate for the job, they may ask for a different format inorder to remove your personal info from the resume when the resume is sent to the client. That info would be shared when the client declares interest in the resume. I do not know any recruiter who asks for money from the candidate. The client is the company. There should be no request for bank details or social security number. Once a job is offered and accepted, the company may require the personal information to do a background check or to pay a salary. There is so much more to this process, but I will not go into all of it at this time. This is not a perfect world and bad things can happen in any field. You just try to weed out the bad ones as best you can. Candidates can be just as difficult with incorrect or false information. Many times, they wish for a job, but just don't have the qualifications required and stated on the job descriptions.
Mon, Oct 25 2010 09:51am IST 7
Forres
Forres
5 Posts
Sushanth, I really dont know where you are coming from there, in 19 years workingin the oil and gas indutry I have never heard of any companies or potential employers making fun of people or ptential candidates. I can obly assume that these were not genuine companies or agencies you were using when applying for a job. One thing would is, never send money to an agency that says it will send your cv or resume to emplyers. In all my experience employment comes free. There are many reputable recruiters online and I have always had a good experience every time I have changed my job. Good luck in your search. http://drillingnews.blogspot.com/
Mon, Oct 25 2010 09:52am IST 8
Forres
Forres
5 Posts
Oh and by the way, always be very careful with your personal details. http://roughnecks-oilandgasjobs.blogspot.com/
Tue, Nov 2 2010 04:23pm GMT 9
doctorfeelgood
doctorfeelgood
4 Posts
Always check out the name and registration of a company before you send any personal details so you are fully aware of who you are dealing with. The chamber of commerce are very helpful in giving you this information for free, in some cases you can easily do this online. I specilise in overseas tax savings in the Oil and Gas Industry and i can assure we sometimes get employees trying to pull a fast one! But i would never name and shame anyone as this just tarnishes your reputation let alone the legal aspect of defamation! Just be aware and use your due diligence. If anyone is unable to check out a company for whatever reason just email the details and i will do it for you!
Tue, Jan 10 2012 05:57am GMT 10
samenzhen
samenzhen
29 Posts
The last century, the Italian Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags Augustine lived in London and Paris, monasteries, he dressed people on the local fashion taste is beginning to experience Louis Vuitton Handbags. Return to Florence in 1921, he opened a specialized high-end luggage accessories and equestrian supplies store, sell from the best local craftsmen produced fine leather goods, and in the above marked Gucci (GUCCI) logo. Only a few years time, Replcia LV handbags the store has attracted a number of domestic and international background of the customer. This great success, prompting the ancient Qi Qi Augustine in Rome in 1938 opened the first store. How many Replica Handbag should a person have cheap LV bags . The first is the wallet, Replica Handbags purse selection is different from person to person, some people need a big wallet, because it should be put the money and all kinds of cards. There are some important small items and documents. But other persons, which only need to put money and a few cards, then their choices will bedifferent purse The second bag is usually used for going out, this bag highlights the personality,Replica Gucci Handbags is more casual. What is your favorite type of look can be? From the back of the package ,you can see your personality. The third bag is the work Replca Prada Handbags, this bag should be tried to mature according to the nature of work and to choose Of course, in addition to the above Replica lady Handbags, there are relatively large bags, such as the back of the bag and line packs.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.

Oil and Gas Jobs Health and Safety Community